About Me

My photo
SCRIPTWRITER. TV. FILM. THEATRE. RADIO, Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Hi there! Welcome my Scriptwriting blog. When I'm not here I write Scripts, Sketches, Stories and Lyrics. All enquiries welcome.

Wednesday 2 September 2009

(167) Advice

A kind reader forwarded one of those "buy this special offer writer software" emails to me. As well as the usual plugs and ads it had some gems of Pro advice.

This is my fave...

"Surprise Your Mind. List laughable, ridiculous, outrageous and bizarre ideas. Don't limit yourself to ideas that other people consider "sane," "reasonable" or "logical." The best and most creative ideas stem from silly ones. When you're in a creative mode, you're suspending judgment on ideas you generate. You simply list them all down and never worry whether they make sense or not. Allow yourself the freedom to think outside the box."

Yep. Already do that one all the time...

How 'bout you?

No comments: