About Me

My photo
SCRIPTWRITER. TV. FILM. THEATRE. RADIO, Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Hi there! Welcome my Scriptwriting blog. When I'm not here I write Scripts, Sketches, Stories and Lyrics. All enquiries welcome.

Sunday 6 January 2008

(6) WRITING UPDATE


Where does the time go?
I think some evil scientist from Sci - Fi land has accelerated it.
2008 is six days old now. Six days since I started the blog!

Bet it’s been great fun, but how’s the real writing progressing Sheiky, I hear you ask?
After all, that’s why you started this blog in the first place, wasn’t it?
To chart your writing PROGRESS

Well, what with real life, the day job, and playing on the blog, the week’s page count is not too impressive, I’m afraid. Only four pages, which will be down to three when I give ‘em another look.
Starting next week or perhaps later on today when Mrs Sheik is watching Eastenders, I shall apply myself to finishing the first draft of my Comedy Feature Spec Script...
I’m up to 64 pages, aiming to bring it in at about 90 to 100 pages to its hilarious, though nail biting and uplifting conclusion. Ahem.
Then obviously hack it to pieces on the rewrite to tighten up the pace.
So that’s this weeks poor excuses out the way and the stated plan for next week.

Like that shoe company bloke says: just gotta do it now.

No comments: